Ovako 677L & 677Q is an air-hardening bearing steel with high mechanical strength and fatigue properties. By using gas cooling or air-hardening it is possible to reduce the amount of distortion. Additionally the use of quenching medias such as oil and salt can be avoided, which improves both safety and environment.
- Through hardenability corresponding to a bar with approx. ∅40 mm (cooling in still air)
- Can be induction or flame hardened
- Good machinability in soft annealed condition
- Machinable in hardened condition using hard-turning techniques
- Good dimensional stability
- Corresponds to BQ and IQ specifications
- Delivered in soft annealed condition
Ovako 677L - BQ ( Bearing Quality) - Standard
Ovako 677Q - IQ (Isotropic Quality) - Due to a reduced sulphide inclusion content and a finer oxide inclusion distribution, Ovako 677Q is a steel with isotropic properties with excellent fatigue strength in both transverse and longitudinal directions.
BQ-Steel® is a bearing quality clean steel optimized for fatigue strength by a strict control of steel cleanliness. BQ-steel is also ideal for new design solutions in a wide array of demanding applications outside the bearing industry that require longer performance and higher loads.
IQ-Steel® is an isotropic quality ultra clean steel optimized for high fatigue strength under multi axial loading.