Ovako 832 is a through hardening bearing steel that is mainly used for medium sized bearing rings, but can also be used for machine components that require high tensile strength and high hardness.
- 40 mm maximum wall thickness for through hardening
- Used for martensitic hardening
- Can be induction hardened
- Good machinability in soft annealed condition
- Machiable in hardened condition using hard-turning techniques (CBN tools)
- Ovako 832 is weldable if pre-heated, otherwise risk of hot-cracking
- Very good dimension stability
832K - Bearing quality (BQ) variant
For additional Heat Treatment Data, please visit the Heat Treatment Guide.
(Bearing Quality) is a bearing quality clean steel optimized for fatigue strength by a strict control of steel cleanliness. BQ-steel is also ideal for new design solutions in a wide array of demanding applications outside the bearing industry that require longer performance and higher loads. The BQ-steel offer is the result of the Ovako clean steel program. Purity of production means that the material has significantly smaller inclusions compared to conventional steel and, as a result, the fatigue strength of the steel is increased dramatically. Use of the material allows components to be manufactured in smaller sizes. The BQ-steel has for decades been the problem-solver.
100CrMnSi6-4, ASTM A485 grade 2